Our everyday misadventures become the adventures we wouldn't want to miss

.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Minnesota


To begin our family vacation we headed up North and over East to go and visit family in Minnesota. It was about 19 hours of driving. But we had a great time visiting Mike and Dana's family (Rob's brother).
It was pretty scary when we stopped in North Dakota and the family got chased by a gigantic buffalo.

Then Addison almost got eaten by the Wampa at the Star Wars exhibit in St.Paul.

You know these pictures of being attacked might be more believable if Addison wasn't smiling all the time.

Here we all are at the Stars Wars exhibit in St.Paul at the Science Museum. This was mostly for Parker's benefit. But as you can tell by the next picture I think the older "boys" enjoyed as well.


I'm not sure what Mike and Rob are doing in this picture. I believe they are trying to seek wisdom from old Yoda. "Help them, it will not" says wise Yoda.


Then it was off to the Children's Museum. Children of all ages as Mike and Rob joined in all the fun.

This picture speaks for itself.


I did already mention this was a "Children's" museum...right??







"THE BEACH"


The next day we headed off to spend the day at a nice man-made beach they have near Mike and Dana's home. Here is Parker taking it easy in the water.

Parker and Lauren.

Jessica and Addison.

Addison in her favorite "rainbow hat"


Well, this catches you up on the Minnesota part of our trip. Tune in next time as we continue on down the road to Nauvoo, Carthage, and Winter Quarters.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures!!! I loved the buffalo, Parker floating with the ball and Rob as the turtle. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you all have a blog! Your blog header is probably the coolest header i have ever seen. Nice work Rob.
    What a fun trip. I'm so jealous you all got to see the church sites. Looked like a blast. Your kids are adorable and so old. Man time flies.
    Look forward to blog stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Rob I LOVE your header. He did an awesome job. My friend out here is going to help me do mine. :) I didn't mind the ending of Eclipse either. I think maybe people didn't like the part about Jacob? I'm super excited for the next one to come out as well. I think I need to re-read the series, but I don't think I have time. I was called to be an extra, but I would have had to be available for a full week for 8+ hour days and I wasn't about to ask someone to watch my kids all week. So no, I didn't get to be an extra. :( I think I'm going to go see the movie with Abra when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete