Our everyday misadventures become the adventures we wouldn't want to miss

.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hair in Rags

When I was a little girl my mom would put me and my sister's hair in rags.  While our hair was wet, and right before bedtime, she would take sections and roll it up, and tie the small strips of cloth (rags) in a knot.  The next morning you'd take the rags out, and have nice curly hair.  It's the old-fashioned way, the way they did it before curlers were invented, I guess. 
Every once in awhile I'll do it to Addie's hair.  I haven't done it in a long time, and then the other day we were watching Little Princess and the girls in the movie had their hair in rags and Addie really wanted it done.
Here's the before pictures:

Here's the after pictures:

3 comments:

  1. Cute! My mom showed me how to do this with my girls' hair. I should do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about rags! My mom used to do it to us when we were little. Sennika might actually be getting enough hair to try it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! It's Addie's profile that reminds me of Jess.

    ReplyDelete