Our everyday misadventures become the adventures we wouldn't want to miss

.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OMSI

Okay...okay...this is my last Christmas post.  After this I'm all caught up on what we did over the holidays.  I know...I'm slow.  But after this I'll need to catch you up on what we have done this month.  Rob and Addison both had birthdays in February.  So, that'll be my next post.

While we were in Oregon we took the kids to OMSI (Oregon Museum Science Institute). The kids LOVED it. Parker remembered it from the last time we were in Oregon and begged us to go again. Besides, my parents got us a year family membership to OMSI for Christmas...so we had to since it was free.

There is fun for all ages at OMSI.  Garrison's favorite was the toddler section.  They had lots of balls...and he loves balls.
It is so funny to look at these pictures of Garrison because these pictures were taken before he got his very first haircut.  He actually got his haircut shortly after this because all the people around us at OMSI kept calling him a girl.  Hello!  Does he look like a girl??  I didn't think so, but his hair was quite long and curly.  So, now with his new do...he definitely looks like a boy.
Garrison also ventured into the lab for a few minutes with dad.
Addie loves to play in water...she spent a long time here.
Addison also loved the toddler section.  Here she is doing spin art with one of the workers.  We still have her picture on our refrigerator at home.
Parker also enjoyed the toddler section...but that didn't last long.  He was onto bigger and better things pretty quickly.  He loved the science lab where he got to do actual experiments with chemicals.  I think he loved it the most because he got to feel like Harry Potter in Potions class.
If you are ever in the Portland area with your kids...you've got to take them here.  It is fun for all ages.  They did so much more than what I have pictured here...but I can't make this too big of a post.

3 comments:

  1. I love OMSI! How fun! Sounds like you all had a great Christmas in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! I wish Oregon were just a little closer!

    Yes- that is part of the reason I want to do the blog is that it can be printed and bound. How awesome is that. Dont mention it to anyone until we talk again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amazing place! If we ever are in Oregon, we're heading there! :)

    ReplyDelete